2022-2023 TLDSB Handbook for Parents/Guardians and Student
We do recognize, from time to time, students may be away from school for a defined timeframe for reasons other than illness (e.g. family trip or obligation). We will no longer be using the TLDSB Parent Request for Temporary Excusal Form. We ask parents/guardians to provide a LETTER, to the Principal, outlining the temporary excusal along with a specified timeframe for the absence. The time frame must be explicitly stated and cannot be indefinite or until further notice
Click the following link for more information on TLDSB’s Threat and Risk Assessment and Response Procedure fair-notice-process
Moose FM – listen for bus cancellations
Town of Bracebridge – find out more about our community in the heart of the Muskoka
PACKING A LUNCH THAT SUPPORTS LEARNING
A school lunch gives children the energy and nutrients students need to get them through an active afternoon. When planning healthy lunches keep these tips in mind:
- Include at least one serving from each food group from Canada‘s Food Guide
- Rather than buying pre-made lunch kits, make your own healthy “lunch kit” with divided containers and small ‘bite-sized” crackers, cheese cubes, left over chicken chunks, veggie sticks or fruit slices
- Get your kids to eat more veggies…send cucumber coins, zucchini sticks and pepper strips with dip
- Don’t drink your fruit…send water instead. Save the 100% fruit juice for home
- For more information you can call Your Health Connection at 721-7520 or 1-877-721-5720 and speak with a public health nurse or click on the health unit website at www.simcoemuskokahealth.org.
For more information you can speak one-to-one with a health professional, call your Health Connection at (705) 721-7520 or 1-877-721-7520.