Third week into school and just getting time to write on our Website!
It’s been a busy time here at Pine Glen. Just a few topics to discuss at this time.
* Pine Glen will be having ORANGE DAY on September 28th!
* Just a reminder that Picture Day will be on September 25th for all students.
* Also drop off for students in the morning is between 8:20am and 8:40am. The bell signals start of day at 8:40am when the students come into the school and go to their classrooms. If your child arrives after 8:40am please sign them in at the office.
* Our End of Day is at 3:15pm. We ask for parents who are picking up their child at the end of day to please stay and remain in the front foyer. Parents of Kindergarten students can pick up their child out on the kindergarten yard from their teachers. Students who take a bus home will remain in their bus line at this time.
* Another topic of discussion is Pediculosis or Head Lice! We have already had several cases within the school and are always looking for parent volunteers to come in to check heads. We simply do not have enough volunteers to check all classes. We are hoping that one parent from each class would volunteer to check the class for head lice. It’s quite easy and only takes 30 minutes to check the whole class. It would only need to be done essentially now (start of school), after Christmas holiday, after March break and/or if the teacher feels there may be a need.
Please contact Jackie Allen on parent council if you are able to volunteer (firstname.lastname@example.org). We can provide training as to what to look for. Head lice spreads quite quickly so even if you are checking your own child there may be a child in the class that spreads to the rest. We look forward to hearing from you!